Monday, October 24, 2016

A Spooktacular HTML Page

Trick or treat

For this assignment our project was to design a webpage using HTML. This assignment was very new for me I have practically no experience using coding, or HTML. Besides occasionally pulling up the source code on a website and seeing this behemoth of numbers and letters I don't understand.  Working to make a webpage using HTML was quite the experience. Lucky for me I have a twin sister who understands coding and has been using a bunch of different code languages for a while.
For the most part it wasn't too confusing to understand. The language requires stuff to be put in 'boxes' or start brackets <> and end brackets </> putting words in these brackets allows it to be read and put in the webpage! Following all the steps my teacher gave me I was able to type out what I wanted my page to look like. Next was the moment of truth I saved and clicked on my file and saw really nothing I wrote out! It was only half of my text, no color and no picture. I had my sister take a look and she fixed some of my minor mistakes, like forgetting quotations or not doing a header. For my page I wanted to write a short story, I love to write and this was such a fun experience typing out a story on HTML. Since Its almost my favorite holiday of the year I decided to make my story Halloween themed. Hopefully you'll enjoy reading my story as well!

You can read it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment